Congratulations on making it through the first quarter of 2023, and what a whirlwind it has been!
If you’re anything like us, the first quarter of 2023 was not only business as usual, but also saw an incredible amount of learning about new technologies, like Artificial Intelligence (AI). We have spent a lot of time as a team embracing this new tech to better serve our clients (YOU!) in the onset of rapid change so you’re well-equipped, holistically, to implement AI technologies and be protected.
We want to know, how well has your organization embraced AI, if at all?
The future is will sure be interesting and don’t forget to follow us on LinkedIn here to stay ahead of the latest news and advancements across the industry.
What’s In The News?
There have been lots of exciting developments in the technology space this month so much so that it is hard to keep track and not surprisingly, Microsoft continues to dominate the headlines.
The good news, is we’ve gathered the significant articles and below are the top three news pieces we’ve seen lately:
Microsoft announces launch of Microsoft 365 Copilot, March 16, 2023
- Copilot is a new feature that will totally transform the way we work and collaborate
- Integrated into the apps (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) you use everyday, so you can focus on more important work
- It combines the power of large language models and your data to turn words into productive and powerful tools for your benefit
You can find more information on the launch of Copilot in a recent LinkedIn post we did here.
Microsoft is recognized as a leader in the 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms, March 2, 2023
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is an industry-leading, cloud-powered endpoint security solution offering endpoint protection, endpoint detection and response, mobile threat defense, and integrated vulnerability management
- Microsoft was positioned highest on the Ability to Execute
- Microsoft calls for the need for organizations to engage with security partners that empower them with not only modern endpoint security but an integrated solution for security operations teams to defend against cyber attacks
1100+ notable signatories sign an open letter to asking all AI labs to pause for at least 6 months, March 29, 2023
- More than 1,100 signatories, including Elon Musk, Steve Wozniak, and Tristan Harris, have signed an open letter calling for “all AI labs to immediately pause for at least 6 months the training of AI systems more powerful than GPT-4”
- It calls for the pause to be verifiable and public
- The letter states that ‘AI developers must work with policymakers to dramatically accelerate development of robust AI governance systems’ and not to ‘rush’ the development of the technology
We along with Microsoft, Meta, Google, Cisco, and Lenovo (just to name a few) have endorsed our partner, the Cybersecurity Tech Accord, new set of principles. These principles guide the technology industry to help curb the growing market of cyber mercenaries.
The principles build on the Tech Accord’s commitments to strong defense, no offense, capacity building, and collective action. At a high level, the five principles charge companies to:
💥 Take steps to counter cyber mercenaries’ use of products and services to harm people;
💥 Identify ways to actively counter the cyber mercenary market;
Invest in cybersecurity awareness of customers, users and the general public;
💥 Protect customers and users by maintaining the integrity and security of products and services; and
💥 Develop processes for handling valid legal requests for information.
We at AEGIS INNOVATORS, are very proud to help support an important initiative so we can all continue to strive to protect our users and customers from cyber criminals and build a powerful defense. We are stronger together and that is why we believe coming together as one to combat this issue is paramount to overcoming these cyber mercenaries.
With so much uncertainty and many exciting changes ahead, we’re here to help, you can schedule a call with one of our team to discuss how we can help further, please do so here: Book a time with Matt.
Don’t forget – follow us on our socials!